Sport Tutor resources
Netball NZ has learning modules for umpires, players, coaches, managers, and parents.
You can go to Sport Tutor and register on here if you haven’t before.
If you have previously registered, you need to then log in. Then under Search Learning, select Netball NZ Catalogue. Search the catalogue for modules of interest.
The modules available include:
- Understanding 6 v 6 Netball
- Learning to Umpire
Please refer to the below synopsis on some of the modules available:
Learning to Umpire
This module helps new umpires, players, coaches, managers, and parents understand some of the rules of netball. It includes some practical techniques to enhance their umpiring.
To umpire at HPNC you must complete this module. Please download your certificate and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Understanding 6 v 6 Netball
(Mother Earth FutureFERNS)
This module is for anyone umpiring or coaching 6 v 6 Netball. This includes parents who have children participating in this age group.
This module covers two key objectives:
1) The philosophy of ANZ futureFERNS Netball
2) The rules of the Year 5 & 6, 6 v 6 Netball game
NetballSmart - Developing Physical Capacity
The purpose of this module is to enable coaches to plan and implement basic performance enhancement and injury prevention programme (IPP) with their players, teams, and squads.
This module is part of the Community Coach Award Level 1.
1. Understand the philosophies and practices of NetballSmart – Smart Preparation, Smart Warm-up, SmartMovement, Smart Training, and Smart Injury Management.
2. Understand the Physical requirements for Netball at a Foundation Level3. Apply NetballSmart principles to Netball.